Thursday, May 24, 2018

Panama City Beach 2018

Well, I realized that my last post was in January.

And a lot has happened since then.

We did spring co-op with our home school group.  Eleven weeks of meeting on Monday afternoons for three hours.  The kids get to take 3 classes each and I let them chose which ones they're interested in so they're not bored and dreading co-op.  The classes are different each semester based on what the parents have decided to teach.  Hannah leans more towards arts & crafts and history but branched out and tried P.E. this time around.  Sammy is more interested in P.E. and STEM classes.   Amos spends the first two hours in the K5 club where they do crafts, read books and have P.E. time.  Then he chose STEM for his third period (he wanted to be like big brother!)  Normally Shiloh is in the nursery or hanging out with me in the teachers lounge but this time there was a Pre-K club and he spent the first two periods making crafts, reading books, singing songs and playing dress up.  He LOVED it!

From March until we left for the beach this May, we watched a sweet little friend from church.  Her Mom moved from a second/third shift job to a day job and her Dad is a teacher.  But her Mom had been out of work for several weeks before starting her new job so they asked if I would watch her until she started getting paid and then they planned to put her in day care.  But when it came time, they asked if I would be willing to continue watching her and they would pay me.   It required me getting up early -and if you know me at all, you know I'm NOT a morning person.  But the thought of this sweet little girl going to day care instead of being with friends she knows and loves broke my heart.  So the kids and I said yes and never regretted it.  She's Shiloh's age and they play together so well.  So while they played, the older kids were able to get their school work done.   Having one extra kid wasn't a big deal either, we still went to co-op, the park, out to eat, wherever.  She loved it!

We finished AWANA at the beginning of May.  I will have to write another post about that because the kids got a ton of awards at the awards ceremony.  And then there was the Grand Prix and the Spring Fling.

So the end of winter and spring were busy.  Throw in a few illnesses and soccer for Amos and we were going non-stop.  So we were ready for our annual vacation to Panama City Beach when it came!

We played on the beach a hand full of times but the kids loved the hotel pools more.  There was an indoor pool with a lazy river beside it.  Two outdoor pools - one with a two story twisty slide with a kiddie pool beside it and one "boring" pool with a hot tub beside it.  The hotel also had an arcade, laundromat and ice cream shop.

Bobby helped me with lunches and supper each day so it was more relaxing for me this year.  When it was time to leave I was actually sad to leave -though I was definitely ready to be back in my own bed and see our Rosie girl!

While looking for shells on the beach, Hannah and I found the top to a blue button jelly fish.  It's so beautiful!  Look up a video on them, they have pretty blue tentacles!


It rained several times while we were there and one evening there was a beautiful rainbow.  I happened to have my phone in my hand (trying to get a good picture of Hannah) when I glanced over and saw Amos & Bobby at the end of the rainbow.  So I was able to snap this picture!

We saw a sea turtle and several sting rays close to the shore.  The minute we saw the sting ray, Sammy promptly exited the water.  Hannah, however, loved it!

The day we left I snapped this picture from out balcony.  The beach is so quiet and peaceful at 7 in the morning.

Bobby and the kids loved the pool with the twisty slide.  They would go down feet first, head first, on their backs, on their bellies.  Meanwhile, Shiloh and I were safely floating around the shallow end.



It kills me that Shiloh is wearing water wings AND laying on a pool noodle.  That kiddie pool was dangerous!!


Pistachio almond ice cream from Tasty Waves.

We always go out to eat one evening to a seafood buffet and another evening we go to Pier Park to the Candy Maker.  The truffles are my favorite!


No comments:

The Clark's Next Big Adventure

So much for keeping the blog updated this year 😂  The Clark family is embarking on another adventure though and it's too big not to doc...