Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Finding the Fine Art

Today resulted in not one, but two failed attempts at finding the Museum of Fine Arts.  Bobby brought me a map yesterday and told me the museum was within walking distance.  He mapped out a route that looked like it would be about 2 or so miles so I readily agreed to walk and save the T fare of another day.

I woke this morning, showered, ate a quick breakfast and set out with map in hand.  I somehow ended up circling back around to the hotel.  The one person I asked for directions looked at me like I was crazy when I said I wanted to get to the museum and that I was walking.

I grabbed some lunch and came back to the hotel room to rest and check Map quest.  M.quest confirmed Bobby's belief that the museum was only 2.33 miles away.  Not bad ... I mean I ran a 5K so walking 2 miles shouldn't be a big deal.  Plus this time I had definite streets go by.  No problem.  I set out again.

I somehow missed a turn and ended up on Beacon (the road our hotel is on) - just farther down.  A sweet little lady saw me consulting my map & directions and offered some assistance (and I thought Northerners were all rude!)  She got me pointed in the right direction and gave me some landmarks to look for so I would know that I was going the right way.  Her directions were great and I certainly would have made it had I continued.  But by the halfway point I was sweating like nobodies business and my feet were killing me (note to self:  throw away walking shoes and buy some new, comfortable ones!)  Plus it was almost 2pm by this point so and I knew that I wouldn't have a lot of time to browse when I made it to the museum - I don't like to be rushed.

So I stopped at
for a frappachino.  All of Boston smells of coffee.  There are coffee shops everywhere...

I did see Harvard and the Temple Israel.  Temple Israel is such a beautiful building and it's huge!  I was tempted to go inside but was too tired and shy to stop and ask.
 

Tomorrow I'm taking the T to the Museum of Fine Arts... I'm too lazy to walk again!

No comments:

The Clark's Next Big Adventure

So much for keeping the blog updated this year 😂  The Clark family is embarking on another adventure though and it's too big not to doc...